January 9, 2011

The optic

I can't say I'm working fast on this, but when it comes to drawing there's no need to hurry. Hurry is bad. You need to leave the picture rest. You need to leave it aside for days, weeks, because then you'll take it again and you'll find all the mistakes. That's because it takes so much to make a single, stupid, fucking and simple illustration. Because I'm slow, lazy, and because the pic needs to be washed away from my brain before I go back to work on it. To perceive the real picture.
I must admit I'm so horribly lazy, I never had the patience to sit down and draw a decent background, a car, a house, some shitty perspective. No I kept on drawing cartoonish girl faces, boobies, idiotic expressions and scarves. Fuck me.
Anyway, I think I'll finish this before 2012.

Click HERE to see fullsize version, thankee :)



No comments:

Post a Comment